Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Obama vs. Clinton: Damnit Democrats, decide!

I'd thought Super Tuesday would be the end, and Super Wednesday would bring the true beginning of this awakened Democratic beast, readying in unison behind 1 candidate to tear the Republicans to pieces after 8-long-years of this nightmare. Instead we're split down the middle, while McCain has all but been crowned, and polls showing a close Republican contest if the national elections took place today.

Damnit Democrats, decide already!!! please.


Below is not an Endorsement, but Disclaimer on The Frog's Personal Vote

I do not endorse Obama, but I favor and voted for Obama. I will go no further to explain my decision because there is plenty enough of my braintracks on FrogBulletin, and I do not purport to have a clear & significant basis for having voted Obama; instead, I have been continually conflicted and uncontinually convinced (hear an audio interview of me about my conflicted-ness by the musician/political-blogger, Alexis Stember, that she post on her blog Wonder Land. Her post's title is "Honest Abe on Obama". Thanks.) due to the particular deficiencies in both candidates. On the bright side, on many other--and in fact, the majority--of Clinton's and Obama's characteristics I have been very impressed, and feel optimistic, hopeful, and energized.

For the sake of some sort, some purpose of transparency here, I had been meaning to tell all who mosey to this blog my ballot's preference for Obama, since content and remarks presented here (except the comments, which I encourage but are regrettably threadbare) are under my sole responsibility and discretion. But I chose not to publish this post until after Super Tuesday, since there are already a flood of meaningful and meaningless endorsements (American Apparel emailed a company endorsement to their customers, can you believe that? An annoyed friend pointed out, What if Wal-Mart began endorsing candidates??) bombarding everyone these days, and I did not want to add to that choir.

Next

What comes? I was briefly scouring some news sites for the latest, but instead of taking the currently bipolar swings of the media (at least on NYT, all articles there--Obama's monstrous new fundraising, Hillary's personal $5mil loan to keep afloat, Obama's superior electability, etc., etc.--are currently Obamamanic), here's a tidbit published just now on RealClearPolitics, that reminds Democrats of the ruthless Red-Blue dogfight inevitably ahead, no matter whether Obama or Clinton wins...
However tough the Democratic race, it's nothing compared to what the victor will face in the fall. The Clinton brand of hardball is no tougher than what the Republicans have played in every election in the last two decades, and what they will play against either Clinton or Obama.

2 comments:

Alexis Stember said...

hey there! i only now saw your comment on my blog. thanks again for letting me interview you. it was so great to hear your take. i see you are an active blogger and it's great getting to follow your sharp intellect online. i hope i'll see you at some more events so i can keep interviewing you :)

Alexis Stember said...

ps- based on your bio, i see you have awesome taste in music. hear, hear!